The Project Description

This here is my personal blog, that outlines all aspects of my progression throughout the Ani303 project. We are required to write, plan and produce a short movie for the deadline of June 13th 2008. The entire year group has been separated into groups by choosing their favored film, and have dedicated their final year to this project. I personally chose the story written by Johnathan Pryce with the working title 'Aztec Escape'
Follow this blog to find out where, when and what has been going and hopefully get an insight into the way i work with in a group.

Thursday 5 June 2008

Rendering was started and order was organised.

The rendering proved to be somewhat frustrating where once again we were restricted due to hardware. The only pc that seemed to be able to render was Giles’ and therefore to ensure it was all done, we had to man the PC all day, everyday for the last week, rendering each scene end on end. Other then that the rendering went well and only a few problems arose like random missing textures, which mostly were sorted in Adobe Premiere by my self and the defects were not visible at all.

Since the temple was all being rendered on Giles’ pc, I thought I utilize my own to finalize and render the Kitchen scenes. It seemed that neither Jenny nor Jono’s laptop could handle the Maya file either which was enormously frustrating, but irresolvable at this point. Therefore, my time was now spent manning the both my own and Giles’ PC’s to ensure both of them were rendering constantly. Albeit not the most taxing task, but a very boring one, and I spent a lot of time watching numbers ticking over on screen.

No comments: