The Project Description

This here is my personal blog, that outlines all aspects of my progression throughout the Ani303 project. We are required to write, plan and produce a short movie for the deadline of June 13th 2008. The entire year group has been separated into groups by choosing their favored film, and have dedicated their final year to this project. I personally chose the story written by Johnathan Pryce with the working title 'Aztec Escape'
Follow this blog to find out where, when and what has been going and hopefully get an insight into the way i work with in a group.

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Organizing drop in files and animations

The last couple of days have a been rather stressful due to the size of the files I’ve been dealing with, which has resulted in multiple computers crashing on the event of opening the files. My aim was to take all of the animations out of their environments and place them into the textured/lit sets, along with the cameras, but was seeming an impossible task, since it was only Giles’ PC that would open any files (due to its immense hardware specification). However, the problem of months of Maya binary and data being copied and pasted and exported and imported meant that a large amount of baggage was being held within these files. Although un-necessary history was being deleted along the way if not by me by everyone else, and the geometry that wasn’t being used was deleted, a lot of data still remained in the outliner. Only during the last couple of days have I realized this. Therefore, whilst preparing the files, I found myself deleting shed loads of history and data that wasn’t needed from these files, which not only time consuming but very demanding on the computers being used to do it. Never the less, it was sorted and I was able to open the files a lot quicker and they appear to run smoother now.

No comments: