The Project Description

This here is my personal blog, that outlines all aspects of my progression throughout the Ani303 project. We are required to write, plan and produce a short movie for the deadline of June 13th 2008. The entire year group has been separated into groups by choosing their favored film, and have dedicated their final year to this project. I personally chose the story written by Johnathan Pryce with the working title 'Aztec Escape'
Follow this blog to find out where, when and what has been going and hopefully get an insight into the way i work with in a group.

Monday 28 April 2008

UVing the main chamber.…how boring!!

Once the modelling was complete I used an evening to tidy the entire set, and get it ready to be UVied. Jono and I took a little while that same evening to consolidate the other parts of the interior environment in the interest of keeping the sets organised and up to date.

Once the files had been merged and we had finalised the sets model, I took a copy and started to create the UV maps for the chamber. Albeit a tedious task, creating UV maps isn’t to taxing (probably half the reason for its tedious nature) when dealing with static, generic objects. However, it seemed the amount I had to UV was going to take me days. In totally it has taken me the entire week (Monday to Friday) to completely UV the consolidated file we set up. Although not my initial goal was to only do the chamber, I had to take on the rest of the file and and UV Jono’s section due a set back on his end of things.

-------------------------------------------------------

UV map examples



-------------------------------------------------------
Screen Grabs of UV's





No comments: